Sunday, October 14, 2012

I'm back!!!

Hello, my pretties!!! I have been very busy with the babies and the house and all but I have decided to try harder to post at least twice a week. I have been crafting up a storm, repainting furniture, cooking, all sorts of busyness!
 So here are a few little things I have been busy with:)
I promise to work on my picture taking skills but it is a giant ruler and I moved the markings we have made of the kids height changes  the last four years on the pantry door over to it. Now if and when we move we can easily take it with us:)I admit to cryin' just a little during the process when I saw just how much my babies have grown!!  But I think this little piece is adorable in my family room.

     Next is a picture of a inexpensive little end table we have had for quite a while in the family room that was looking pretty shabby. And not in a good way, lol. So I went to the store to pick up some awesome bright green paint. Not a kelly green and not a lime but somewhere in between. I just couldn't find the shade I wanted in the spray paint aisle but I stumbled across this shade and fell in love. So I decided to play a little game I like to play. I call it "that's always been there!" This is how I play: I do some home improvement project or I purchase some item for our house with out mentioning it to my husband. He travels quite a bit so this is easier then average. Then when he comes home and notices the change I say, "that's always been there!" Now just to soothe those men readers I hope I have I will mention that I never spend more then 40 dollars on any one thing without talking to my husband. So these are not huge expenditures but sometimes big changes come in 5 dollar gallons of misfit paint:) So back to my little sad table. I gave it 3 coats of this beautiful shade of paint while everyone was out of the house and put everything back before anyone came home. Then I waited to see if anyone would notice. lol.
   
     I once changed the curtains in the family room for a lucky find at a yard sale and my husband didn't notice till 2 months later when a girlfriend asked where I found the pretty new curtains in front of him. Just to give you an idea of how long this game can drag on... but the middle child noticed within minutes of coming home from school. The baby noticed later that evening. The oldest noticed several days later when he asked if we had gotten a new table and the husband mentioned how nice the table looked while he was watching football the very NEXT TIME he was home!!! Shocking? Surprising? Absolutely! But it made me feel happy that he said he liked it.
     So tell me what you think. Do you think I should have kept searching for the ideal green or do you approve of my fly by the seat of my pants inspired color choice?
Before pic of little wood end table


 I think it came out great!!!
So tell me what y'all think!




No comments:

Post a Comment