Monday, December 8, 2014

Home for the Holidays:Family Room

Hello all my fellow Christmas elves. I am super excited now that the decorating is done to get busy baking cookies and making cocoa and driving around randomly at night to look at Christmas lights!  I have Christmas cards to address and send out and a few more gifts to finish up and ship but I am making progress! It is a joyful chaos!

I thought I would share a few pics of the family room. Those of you who follow the blog on fb (if you don't you should!) had the chance to help me decide what to paint on our burlap banner on the fireplace and got the sneaky peek! I am really embracing the gold this year.

And the deer are a recurring them this year. After I scored those brass deer head statues back in the summer at the World's Longest Yard Sale I knew they would be making an appearance on the Christmas mantle. Can you see them tucked in among the pinecones and garland? And those pinecones!? We don't have them like that here in the upper south, the craft store sells them for 4$ a piece! I worked out a trade for some apple jelly I made o a dear friend in South Carlina who was kind enough to ship me a box from her yard full of those precious things! I am a lucky girl, what can I say. Amazing what you can buy with some good jelly! Long live the barter system!
Well, I got off on a tear there didn't I? Back to the decorating!
 I spotted some paper mache deer antlers on Michaels website and ran out to get some ASAP. I spray painted them, of course!!! And they are the perfect accent for the coffee table centerpiece. A match to the deer head I put above the fireplace.

I didn't forget to put a candle in the bird tealight holder. When I work out I put my rings in it so I don't lose them or forget to put them back on. Though I have discovered the employees at the hardware store are super helpful when I forget to put them on, hee hee. Oh the greenery for my centerpiece is two small wreaths just bent to an oblong around a much smaller table centerpiece we have had for years.

I switched out the art work on my gallery wall for pictures from Christmases past and the glitter deer head silhouette I made last year. I'll try to snap a pic of it tomorrow in the day light and add it.
 How are you doing with your decorating this year? Do you prefer a "family tree" with all sentimental ornaments or the decorator gorgeous trees? Feel free to post your pics in the comments below!

1 comment: