Thursday, March 7, 2013

soup!

I threw together a quick and delicious hot soup tonite for dinner. I am vegan and we had a variation on an italian wedding soup with veggie meatballs, celery, carrots, white beans, onions, garlic and ditalini. It went together super quick and I served it with garlic bread and jello fruit salad and everyone ate it. Even my 9 year old picky eater! Yay! Of course I am sitting there slurping up my delicious soup and thinking to myself how someone should be saying how great this soup is. Honestly I think I could sling frozen pizzas at these kids every nite and they wouldn't notice it. Seriously, these kids are oblivious to how good they have it! Do you get frustrated at your kids for not appreciating the effort it takes to feed them meals everyday? In the summer when they were home all the time I felt like no sooner did I put the food away from a meal then I needed more food to fill up their endless hunger! I am shocked at how much 3 preteen and teen boys eat!

2 comments:

  1. Just found you! I left Facebook so I hope I can figure out a way to still keep up with you and the group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, it is good to hear from you. The ladies are already asking where you went! We miss you, come back!

    ReplyDelete