Thursday, November 17, 2016

Peace!

Good morning,
It is a chilly sunshin-y morning here on the Ridge, as I sit with my steamy cup of coffee and think of all of you. I wanted to share a little of my living room with you.

I love to be inspired by an object or a thought for decorating a space. Not a theme but just a feeling or a color. This year I decided to take down our four panel airplane art to replace it with this map I found at Hobby Lobby. I loved the colors and it is dry erase marker ready! Not that I will be writing on it for Christmas but it could be used in other places in the house after Christmas!


Our world has felt at unrest lately with the hotly contested election, and the multitude of things that make my heart world weary so I was truly inspired by the thought of Peace On Earth this season. Of refocusing my family from the politics and strife in the world to faith and the ideals that humans can be kind to one another and do the right thing when all my babes here on the news, in their school and on the internet is anger, pain and hurt. When I found the mirrored letter banner at Target I literally jumped up and down in excitement. It was just what I needed. I used some very simple pre-stained wood to tack the map up and then hung the garland from the edges. To me, this little vignette is all of my feelings lately bottled into one little scene. I am going to focus on the joy of the season and try to rekindle a little of my belief in the basic goodness of humanity.

 I hope you enjoyed my little picture of my world today! Stop back tomorrow for another little happy thought from my cluttered brain :)




1 comment: