Thursday, May 7, 2015

Everyone Loves Ikea!

Hello,
 I haven't posted in a little bit, things here on the Ridge have been very busy.

 Spring has sprung and with it comes projects galore and about a gazillion hours of yard work!! But I am taking a quick break from staining the deck, which I will share with you later to tell you about my recent find at Ikea! I love a bargain, y'all know that. But even I was surprised at the deal I got out of their Bargain section. I love that section. As my son says, I should just shop their first instead of the showroom because I could spend all my money in there!! But this time I was so lucky. They have these beautiful curtains in the catalog. Heavy weight drapes. A beautiful color and the quality is great. But they were a little out of the budget since my other drapes are only a couple years old. But oh, as I stood in the linens department, I wanted them.  I touched the package, hesitating, knowing it was a budget buster, weighing the consequences. But sadly I had to walk away.

 Later in the day, because Ikea is an all day adventure, we stopped in the bargain section before checking out. And low and behold I spotted the fabric. I thought to myself, "Self, maybe it's a damaged panel and I could salvage some for throw pillows" as I beat a quick path to the bin.  I pulled the panel out and it was perfect and marked down to 25% of it's original cost!!!!!! But what to my wondering eyes would appear but a second panel at the bottom of the bin! A pair, I tried not to get excited because surely this one was unusable. I pulled it out slowly, preparing myself for the disappointment but as I shook it out to check I spotted nothing. No stain, no tear, nothing. Perfect. A pair!!! So happy with myself and my grand find was I that I nearly missed the velvety pillow covers in the bin too. I could not be so lucky! I scored 4, yes 4 of those too!!!!!! sigh, what a good day.
Here is a picture of my beauties when I got them home and hung them up.
Love!!

A close up of the pattern
I love them, the room feels so light and airy with the light colors, perfect for spring and summer!!
  I will share what I did with those pillow covers a little later.
Back to staining the deck for me, I hope it is beautiful where you are today!

No comments:

Post a Comment