Sunday, November 24, 2013

Trending Now!! Peacock themed Christmas

The last couple years I have had a 12 Days of Christmas theme in the Dining room for Christmas. I even made these cute little ornaments
This year I wanted to change it up a bit and a loved the peacock feathers I used last year for the topper so I decided to go with those colors. Then I ventured out to Hobby Lobby and saw all their adorable peacock ornaments this year and my Home Decorators catalog came and it was FULL of peacock everything for Christmas! So of course I went to Pinterest and started trolling for inspiration. I saw an image of an amazing ribbon technique and knew that is where I had to start. So I was off to shop for just the right ribbon. Totally scored at Dollar General and got 40 ft for $5! I ran to Walmart hunting for peppermint sticks for the kitchen's hot chocolate bar( I will tell you about that soon) and happened upon these bright green peacocks, perfect color and there was a ton of them in a box for a couple dollars, gotta love it when an idea comes together inexpensively!

See the way the ribbon comes together? And those adorable little owls in the front were Halloween clearance at Michaels. I think it turned out pretty cute. It certainly has it's own personality. I wanted it to be very different from the kitchen tree with it's reds and Santas. I think I succeeded!

No comments:

Post a Comment